Thursday, February 26, 2015

Snow Daze!

I love snow, like Lorelai Gilmore loves snow!



    
 I've always loved snow! When I was a kid, it was all about sledding, skiing, building snowmen, playing outside, and making forts. And, now, it's all about sledding, snowboarding, building snow monsters, and playing outside. There are a few added responsibilities when it comes to snow, and being an adult...Like, shoveling the sidewalks and driveway, figuring out how to not park like an asshole when all of the lines are snow-covered, and being a functional, safe driver, when the wind is blowing snow so hard it looks like your driving through space. 
    
     As an adult, I have realized there are those that don't share my love of snow. While I'm singing, "It's snowing, it's snowing, lalalalaaala!" there are others that would rather not leave the house. Fine, don't. One less person for me to give "the finger" to when you can't figure out that, somehow, you're driving in three lanes of travel, and because you can't see the lane markers, you believe this is perfectly acceptable. I also won't have to encounter you in a public place, bitching and moaning about the snow, and the cold. Hey! Guess what??? It is cold and snows in the winter! If you don't like it, move somewhere else or shut up. 
I love me some Dutch Bros. coffee!
   
  Snowy days are perfect for going to a pastry shop, getting a chocolate filled croissant, and then hitting up the local Dutch Bros. for a tasty mint mocha! I also love listening to 1940's/big band music on snowy days. There's just something nostalgic, and comforting about listening to that type of music, while sitting on the couch in my nice, warm house, and watching the snow fall and swirl around outside. As a girl, I also have a weakness for shoes and boots of any kind. So, now that they're making Sorel's and BOGS in all kinds of cute styles and colors, I can be kind of a girly-girl, with my super cute, comfy, warm boots that look fun and are functional at the same time!
My BOGS kick ass!
While wearing my kick-ass, warm, comfy, cute boots, I don't even mind doing snow "chores." Tom and I have been going out at night, like 10pm, and shoveling the driveway, and I don't even mind. I think I like clearing snow, because it provides instant gratification. You can see exactly how much you have done, and how much is still left. And, on nights when the wind isn't blowing and the snow isn't falling too heavily, the world is perfect and quiet. The sky takes on a pastel glow, and everything is still, and serene, and it's my favorite. 


This makes me happy.
My most favorite sledding buddy!
Rawr! My snow monster, with chem light eyes is spoooky!
Even though I do get a kick out of shoveling snow, being a big kid and going outside to play is still the best! I appreciate Sean's love of the snow, and the fact that when it's 20* outside, he is all about bundling up, and going out to make snow angels, play some snow soccer, or take the old runner sled down the driveway about a million times. Then, the best part is coming inside, snuggling and having hot cocoa with marshmallows.
I understand that Winter and snow aren't for everyone, and there are some days I like to give Ma Nature the middle finger, while wearing my mittens. For the most part, though, I look forward to the snow, the beauty it brings, the activities it provides and the memories it helps create.                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment